Flour is mixed with eggs and milk. This cooks to form a crust as it bakes. This is based on the Magic Quiche recipe found in the Le Leche League cookbook, Whole Foods for the Whole Family.
Items in the quiche - up to 2 cups combined
- Veggies, like onions, mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, scapes, potatoes
- Meat, like cooked bacon, ground beef, or sausage; leftover chicken, pork or beef;
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt or pepper or other herbs to taste, opt.
- 1 1/2 cups milk or cream
- Grease pie pan. Prepare veggies and meat. Place in bottom of the pan.
- Put grated cheese on top of veggies and meat.
- Blend eggs, flour, herbs, and milk. Pour over other ingredients.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.