This was made with canned and frozen ingredients that I had on hand. It had a chunkier consistency than the beef over potatoes and veggies did.
This included beets along with the beef.
- Enough water to cover the bottom of the crockpot
- 1 qt. canned beef 1-2 lb. of cooked beef (stew meat) would also work.
- 1 qt. canned beans, drained
- 1 qt. canned beets, drained
- 2 cups celery 2 cups combined of celery, onion, and/or garlic would also work.
- 1 qt. pumpkin or squash puree
- Put enough water in to cover the bottom of the crockpot. Mix beef, beans, beets and celery in crockpot. Add squash puree until it is spread throughout.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Let sit with lid off for 5-10 minutes to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Frozen veggies and beef, thawed, could be used instead of canned ones. The squash puree sweetens the dish.